Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quilted Symphony 2 project student results. . .

Our art workshop happened a few weeks ago and here are a few of the students'  Quilted Symphony 2 projects.  Notice the beading embellishment along the leaf spines on this one.
Nice use of complimentary colors to create a calming effect.
Dramatic use of color for this one.
And here is where mine stands.  I used perle cotton and decided to hand quilt to get the look hand quilting offers.  
Once I got started I decided it gave the quilt a look of rain.  I have some applique to do yet that will add to the rain effect.
My abstract quilt is coming along slowly.  Hope to post this weekend with some results.

No comments: