Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quilting Arts Challenge Quilt "Bloom" hits a snag. . .

True to my desire, I was able to continue work on my "Bloom" challenge piece.
The applique stitching is complete and I began putting it together.  However, I hit a snag.  Do you see it?
The paisley on this petal is upside down.  Out of frustration I decided to put it aside and fix the issue tomorrow.
I have been working on quilting this in addition to working on my challenge quilts.  I completed the hand quilting.
The seed stitch under the leaves is something I have admired in other quilts for a while.  This is the first time I have used it.  It was done with a variegated Perle cotton thread.  Wool thread was used to outline some of the black background segments.  This is a new era in my quilting of adding handwork prior to machine quilting.  I am enjoying it.
The machine quilting may be well under way but I am now at a standstill.  I am not sure what to do with the lower right green section.  The area hasn't spoken to me yet so it will have to sit until an idea comes.  I should have "Bloom" put together tomorrow although I do not have to rush as originally thought.  The submission date isn't until NEXT Friday, March 16 and not this Friday.  Whew, nice break.

Until next time,

No comments: